SOLD: Original Mcleod, 12" Open Back Banjo, Walnut Pot and Maple Neck
This is a recently completed banjo with a twelve inch walnut pot and a Maple neck. It's a 26 3/16” scale
It's handmade and hand carved, and as usual all of the wood was sourced from David Dyke in Sussex , who I have always used for exceptional quality materials.
The rim is a block construction and the fingerboard is a lovely piece of ebony, which is getting harder to source.
The tone of this banjo has great volume— loud but warm and the fifth string has plenty of ‘pop’ .
The price includes a brand new hard case.
The photos show it fitted with a standard Grover 5/8 bridge, but the banjo will be fitted with a Mike Smith 5/8 bridge. These bridges are superb! (The Grover bridge will also be included and sent in the case)
The tuning pegs are Waverley, except for the fifth peg. I really like Waverly tuners, but they can be awkward to change strings on quickly so for the fifth peg, I’ve used a Gotoh peg which are great quality and, a lot more user friendly.
There is a 14 day return policy if you are not completely satisfied. I would just ask that you are very careful with the banjo in that time, only play it at home, pack it carefully and pay return postage.
- 12” American Walnut pot ( block construction )
- Maple neck with stained black maple centre stripe.
- Evo gold medium fret wire.
- Ebony fingerboard. ( 26 3/16” scale )
- Abalone shell fret markers and side dots.
- Two way adjustable truss rod ( adjustable from pot end) .
- Rolled brass tone ring.
- Bone top nut and fifth nut.
- Waverley tuners.
- 5th string tuner Gotoh 14/1
- Ivoriod tuner buttons.
- Nickel plated hooks and hardware.
- Neck brace raw brass , sand cast.
- Dowel stick construction.
- No knot tail piece.
- S type trailing scoop.
- Fairbanks style peg head with American walnut back strapping.
- Carved fifth peg detail.
- Inlay detail on pot and ivoroid binding.
- Good quality ‘Superior ‘ hard case included with bracket key and Allen key for truss rod.